Re: Passing multiple form variable in PHP

using the [] makes your variable an array when it comes into php.
 **snip**
 else
{
 print '<form name="sqlform" method="post" action="test.php?task=check">
   <select multiple name="icon[]">
    <option value="false">False</option>
    <option value="true">True</option>
   <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" border=0></form>';
}
**snip**

                    "Stephen Rhodes"
                    <stephen.rhodes@sc       To:     php-db@lists.php.net
                    ils.co.uk>               cc:
                                             Subject:      Passing multiple form variable in PHP
                    11/12/2002 11:31
                    AM

HELLO - this is probably a simple problem !!!!!!

Wanting to use <select multiple ... > in a html form and pass multiple
value
into a php variable but does
not work. I only get a single value. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong
?????

Does the multiple value get passed correctly in php ????

if ($task=="check")
{
 printf("$icon");
}
else
{
 print '<form name="sqlform" method="post" action="test.php?task=check">
   <select multiple name="icon">
    <option value="false">False</option>
    <option value="true">True</option>
   <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" border=0></form>';
}

Thanks
Steve R