Re: php array max value pr. year

First create this array before you do anything:

$max = array(10=>1,
             20=>1,
             40=>1,
             60=>1,
             320=>1,
             780=>1,
             890=>1,
             920=>1);

$year[2002] = $max;
$year[2003] = $max;

$i = 0;
while(list($a,$b)=each($v)) {
    $year[$y[$i]][$v[$i]] = 0;
}

reset($year);
while(list($a,$b)=each($year)) {
    while(list($c,$d)=each($b)) {
        if ($d == 1) $next[$a][$c]=1;
    }
}

At this point $next will be a two dimensional array IF all the V's in a
year are not used up.  If they are, $next[2002] for example will be
!isset($next[2002]).

To get your $Y and $V:

reset($next);
while(list($a,$b)=each($next)) {
    $leftoveryears[] = $a;
    while(list($c,$d)=each($b)) {
        $leftovervalues[] = $c;
    }
}

Now $leftoveryears is an array of years and $leftovervalues is an array of
values.

I would highly recommend using a single multi-dimensional array instead of
blind indexing for your year to value pairs.  IE:

$pairs[2002][10] = 1; // (if set)

Peter