Re: php array max value pr. year

On Monday 11 November 2002 17:24, Martin Allan Jensen wrote:
> Hi evryone....i have a problem that i hope you can help me with.
>
> Here it goes!
>
> I have two arrays one called "y" adn one called "v"
> Togeather they hold a year(Y) and a value(V)
>
> The array looks like this:

Can I ask, how you did get these arrays? Did you define these or did come from
somewhere else?  And why are they in two separate arrays? ...

> v:
> 10
> 20
> 40
> 60
> 320
> 780
> 890
> 920
>
> y:
> 2002
> 2002
> 2002
> 2002
> 2002
> 2003
> 2003
> 2003
>
> ---------

... In most cases you're better off using a single array to hold both pieces
of information.

> V represents a climping value
> Y represents the year of the value
> --------------------------------
>
> So  the values 10, 20, 40, 60, 320 etc. grows until a new year is reachet.
> And then it schould start again in the new year. So MAXIMUM ONE VALUE PER
> YEAR....

Right, do you actually do anything with the non-maximum values? Are they used
anywhere in your code, or do you really just want the maximum value for each
year?

> How can i make it return this out of the earlier menchent array :
>
> (Arrays)
> Y:
> 2002
> 2003
>
> V:
> 320
> 920

There may be an easy way to solve your problem, but first you need to:

1) explain why you're using 2 arrays
2) state whether the non-maximum values are used at all, if they are being
used, /how/ are they being used.

/*
You have literary talent that you should take pains to develop.
*/