Re: Optimizing

This varies from database to database.  I would suggest reviewing the
documentation on your database type.

For review here is some information on indexing from PostgreSQL (my
database of choice):

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?indexes.html

That should give you some ideas on how indexing works.

HTHs

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 18:46, Chris Payne wrote:
> Hi there everyone,
>
> How does indexing work, and does it speed up small / average size DB's of
> around 20,000 records, with 12 columns per record?  (Some columns being
> paragraphs of text).
>
> Also, do you create an index on everything or just 1 item or or or :-)
>
> I've not looked at indexing but think it's time to start, but in a way even
> I can understand so I thought i'd ask you all here :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris
>

> --
.: B i g D o g :.