[Newbie Q] csv file upload via php to mysql tutorial request

Hello listers

  I am a complete newbie at this and I have searched for
  anything that could help me understand this, but I've had
  no luck.

  My reason for emailing is this - I want
to know how to
  upload a csv file via php to a mysql
database.  I have
  found a few examples but they are all
much to advanced for
  my needs.  I just want the bear basics
so I can understand
  it.

  I can see that phpMyAdmin does this,
which is great but I
  need it for joe public to be able to
use.  so I don't
  want them using phpMyAdmin.

  Just a few links to some tutorials would
be marvellous.

  ;o)

--
tia as always