Pausing a script

Instead of exiting the following script after "Use your Browser Back Button
to choose another" I would like to simply pause it until some clicks a link
to allow them to upload the file even if it already on the server. I have
been playing about with "break" but I can't seem to get that to do what I
want.

Ideally I would like 2 buttons, one to go back to the already filled in form
and the other to upload the file.

$upfile = "../files/$userfile_name";

if (file_exists($upfile)) {
    echo "The file $userfile_name already exists";

    echo "Use your Browser Back Button to choose another";
exit;
}

if ( !copy($userfile, $upfile))
{
echo "Error: Could not save file. <br>.mysql_error())";
exit;
}