Re: Re: Performance problems?

Hello,

On 11/02/2002 04:04 AM, Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> Aha - thanks.  The problem is, I also need to retrieve other data
> asscociated with it.  I'll alter the table to order by id, but is there
> anything long-term I can do?

What I meant is that if you make two queries, one to fetch max(id) and
another to fetch just the row with the resulting id from the first
query, you will most likely run that faster than the query with order by
that you did.

Using order by in result sets with a large number of rows is considered
to be a SQL sin. :-)

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos