Session Variable Question...

	I am a little confused by a specific behavior of a session variable.
Here is an example of my confusion:

<?php require_once('prod.lib.php');
session_start();
if (!isset($_SESSION['valid_user']))
{
  echo "You must be logged in to use this application.  <br>";
  exit();
} else {
  $sbcuid = $valid_user;
}

$_SESSION['type'] = $AccountType;
if (!isset($_SESSION['type']))
{
  echo "You did not select an account creation option.  <br>Please return to
the previous page and make a selection.";
}
echo "$_SESSION[type]";
echo "$type";
?>

	OK...  The basic question is that the first time the page loads only
the '$_SESSION[type]' variable is populated.  If you hit the back button and
then reload this page, then both variables are populated even if the
$AccountType is changed on the previous page.  I can now work around this
problem, but I would like to understand why it behaves this way.

	Sorry if this is covered in the documentation or a FAQ somewhere.
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Scott Nipp
Phone:  (214) 858-1289
E-mail:  sn4265@sbc.com