Re: Print data

We faced this problem, and decided if we couldn't get a good solution to
eliminate the printer. Turns out the users liked it better, and we
eliminated a lot of paper.
- First we wrote a report writer.
- All reports go to the database.
- We wrote a report file system.
- The report output title shows up in the user report file system in the
IN BASKET.
- The user can click the file and it displays the first 5 pages to the
screen. They can change the start page and number of pages.
- The user can file it into other files like WEEKLY REPORTS.
- They can send the report to others and it shows up in their IN BASKET.
- If they delete the report it sits in the WASTE BASKET file for 10
days. This gives them the ability to file it back somewhere if it was
deleted by mistake.

This is fast because the reports are run on the server. Only one copy of
the report is kept in the database, and the user report file system
points to it.

Anyway this was our solution and the users love it since they no longer
have to file paper, but file reports electronically. They can carbon
copy anyone. They can look at any section of the report any time. They
can still print the report if they want by using the print button.
HTH... Have a great day... Dan