Re: search field into MySQL

Use regular expression searches instead of like

that would fix that issue, would it bring you others? maybe, is there a
better way for you...maybe

Jeff

                    "Seabird"
                    <jacco@vliegt.       To:     php-db@lists.php.net
                    nl>                  cc:
                                         Subject:      search field into MySQL
                    10/24/2002
                    08:54 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering a problem searching a DB. I wish for the input to not be
case sensitive. if someone looks for AA they may also type aa or aA or Aa.
This one is simple because its 2 or three letters.

I also have entries that contain "Aviation Management Corporation" they
should not be searched by case sensitive. How to do this. Convert the DB
(23000 entries) or change some code....

Here is my "result" code:

print "<table border=1>\n";
$query = "SELECT * FROM $table WHERE Field1 LIKE '%$icao%' $ton
   Field2 LIKE '%$name%' $ton2
   Field3 LIKE '%$country%'
   ORDER BY $sort";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die("Error in query");

while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){
 print "<tr>\n"
        ."<td>" . $row['Field1'] . "</td>\n"
   ."<td>" . $row['Field2'] . "</td>\n"
   ."<td>" . $row['Field3'] . "</td>\n"