Re: Forms question..

1. document.formname.elementname.focus();

Example: if my form has a name of testform and the first element is
fname...

then in the body tag i would do this...

2. Yeah, you need to use the select() method...

so document.testform.element.select();

Example: <input name="example" value="N/A"
onfocus="document.testform.example.select();">

That should work...or it might have to be in a function...

3. It should do that for you with the submit button...what browser are
you using?

4. use the align attribute....align="left"

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 12:27, James Hatridge wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> When I have an input form I must click on the first input field. Is there
> anyway to have it active when the form loads?
>
> #2 When I tab down to the next input field, is there anyway to have it
> highlight what is in the field (ie the default data) so that it will
> overwrite it?
>
> #3 How can I get the form to submit when I hit the return button? Right now I
> have to click on the button with my mouse.
>
> #4 How can I get a column of numbers to left justify?
>
> Thanks
>
> JIM
>
> --
> Jim Hatridge
> Linux User #88484
>                  BayerWulf
> 	   Linux System # 129656
>          The Recycled Beowulf Project
>   Looking for throw-away or obsolete computers and parts
>    to recycle into a Linux super computer
>

> --
.: B i g D o g :.