                    <dwalker@healthyproduct       To:     <holmes072000@charter.net>, "'professional php'"
                    splus.com>                     <pro_php@p2p.wrox.com>, <php-db@lists.php.net>,
                                                   <php-general@lists.php.net>
                    10/19/2002 08:32 PM           cc:
                    Please respond to             Subject:     Re:  MySQL Insert Select statement
                    "dwalker"

For some reason the Insert Select statement returned an ERROR and I had to
resort to

INSERT INTO Products
(ProductName,Size,SuggestedRetailPrice,ProductCategory,ManufacturerName)

SELECT *

FROM kalproduct ;

Is there a noticeable reason why:

INSERT INTO Products
(ProductName,Size,SuggestedRetailPrice,ProductCategory,ManufacturerName)

SELECT(kalproduct.Product, kalproduct.size, kalproduct.SRP,
kalproduct.Cat, kalproduct.manname)

FROM kalproduct ;

would have returned an error message??  I don't want to have to create
multiple tables for the purpose of inserting into others.