It counts everything not a specific day..

Although my query returns the date of the day that had the highest number of
records inserted.

It outputs the total number of records in the table..

Can someone with more experience in SQL help me only count the number of
records inserted on the day with the highest number of records?

BTW the column time is a UNIX timestamp that is set upon insert.

here is my query:

$query = "
SELECT
    extract(year FROM time),