From: Jeffrey_N_Dyke@Keane.com [mailto:Jeffrey_N_Dyke@Keane.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 2:59 PM
To: Edward Peloke
Cc: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: Re:  images

to upload use copy and the $_FILES array.  then around mysql, I tend to
store the path in mysql and the images on the server.  I personally don't
like to work with blobs and don't think it makes as much sense as they do
on the server.  the space they take up in the db seems like a waste.

my $.02...

jeff

|-------------------------------|
|  Jeff | KeaneIT - Presidents  |
|      Landing | Suite: 200     |
|    Outside: 617 -517-1772 |   |
|      E-mail: jd@keane.com     |
|    [ Mailing: 10 Presidents   |
| Landing  Medford, MA 02155 USA|
|               ]               |
|-------------------------------|

                    epeloke@echoma
                    n.com (Edward        To:     <php-db@lists.php.net>
                    Peloke)              cc:
                                         Subject:      images
                    10/15/2002
                    03:23 PM

How can I allow the user to upload images to a php website and have the
image stored in the mysql db?

Thanks,
Eddie