Re: Preserving the string

Sounds like it must be getting cast to a number somewhere along the track.
You probably have been here, but make sure that:

1. You are not performing any mathamatical calculations or comparisons on
them.

2. When putting then in the DB make sure the string of numbers is quoted.

Try var_dump($string_of_numbers) to see if it has the leading 0's and what
its type is immediately before you insert into the DB.

Cheers,

Owen Prime
http://www.noggin.com.au