RE: Advanced search scripts

Well, MySQL 4 is still marked as a development version, so it's not
completely finished yet. PHP will interface with it no problem, though,
all it really does is connect and send queries. Nothing has changed
there. PHP 4.3 will provide support for connecting to the database with
SSL. That's the only thing so far that's not supported, as far as I
know.

---John Holmes...

BOOLEAN
> > MODE modifier.
> >
> > < > These two operators are used to change a word's
> > contribution to the
> > relevance value that is assigned to a row. The < operator
> > decreases the
> > contribution and the > operator increases it. See the example below.
> >
> > ( ) Parentheses are used to group words into subexpressions.
> >
> > ~ A leading tilde acts as a negation operator, causing the word's
> > contribution to the row relevance to be negative. It's useful for
> > marking noise words. A row that contains such a word will be
> > rated lower
> > than others, but will not be excluded altogether, as it would be
with
> > the - operator.
> >
> > * An asterisk is the truncation operator. Unlike the other
> > operators, it
> > should be appended to the word, not prepended.
> >
> > " The phrase, that is enclosed in double quotes ", matches only rows
> > that contain this phrase literally, as it was typed.
> >
> > http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Refe
> > rence.html
> > #Fulltext_Search
> >
> > ---John Holmes...