DBF question: column names?

Hi there.

I'm not familiar with DBF files, or the PHP dbase functions.  I've
found (very) few code snippets on the Web about DBF files...a class
on PHP classes and a couple of other brief mentions elsewhere.

I have a question:  I was given a DBF file that I don't know the
structure of.  Is there any way to read the column names and find out
what they are, or do I need to have someone send me a description of
the table structure before I can work with their file?

I assumed I could just read the structure, and then print the column
names out or smething, but I can't seem to find any examples of that.

--
Marc Antony Vose
http://www.suzerain.com/

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
-- Albert Einstein