How to remove part of URL?

Hi all,

Currently i have 20+ URLs on my site in this formate
http://www.example.net/content/index/mission
I want to remove /content/index from all URLs, so they should look something like this
http://www.example.net/mission
In other words I would to always remove /content/index from the url. I'm sure it's really straight forward, but I'm not very experienced with Apache.

Kind Regards.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------SALMAN ASLAM
Senior Software Engineer.
eGenieNext - Pakistan.