getting name of object variable

Hi, I would like to get the name of the object variable a class is represented by within the class. So forexample

Class myclass
   {
    public function somefunction()
       {
       $thisclass = //whatever I need to do to get the name of the
                     //current object in this example should return foo
       }
    }

$foo = NEW myclass();

the need is as I want to use classes over multiple scripts (I want them to be alive when making an AJAX callback. And as classes talk to each other I can't pass objects to them as they don't serialize but if another class stores the variable name of the object then I can access the class. right now I got a workaround with making a property