Re: select option value into a variable

In message <AANLkTim2HnJ6KCwj06z-XdfL06FrjExnQXjcRZCvXygy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>, vijaya lakshmi <vijayalakshmi6jun@xxxxxxxxx> writes
>Hi,
>need to take the option value of select into a php  variable.
>
>Can you plz help me in doing this.
>
>ex: <select name="product">
><option value="a">Apple</option>
><option value="b"></option>
></select>
>
>so if i select apple then another list box is to be generated.
>
>if i select orange a diffrent list box should be generated.
>
>Can you please guide me on how to go about this.
>
>Thanks in advance......

I have two versions of this running:
select a continent, then a list of countries in the continent appears,
select a country and a list of states appears,
etc

In an older one, I had the select inside an IFRAME, so that only that
part of the screen appeared to change, and the main screen stays the
same.

A more modern version uses Ajax to collect the country data for the
continent (this becomes much more worthwhile when you collect the state
data for each country).

Have a look at Ajax in Google.  Much more flexible.  But the old
fashioned IFRAME is simpler and easier to code if you are new and just
want to get it working.

--
Pete Clark

Local sites for Local People in Spain