Re: Which Frame work is best for php development?

Hi.

I've tried 2 - Zend and Kohana (based on CodeIgniter).

I must say I found Zend to be very difficult to set up and use as an MVC. Zend has some very well written classes that can be used by themselves but the whole thing is a heavy monolithic library. Only use this framework to MVC if you want to go Pro or better.

On the other hand, Kohana, which is an PHP 5 OOP implementation of CodeIgniter, was easy to understand and use once you figure out the concept of a cascading filesystem and use their example files. However, it's not extremely easy to use because last I checked it lacked complete documentation. CodeIgnitor does though so you might want to check that out instead if you're not very adventurous.

I would personally use Kohana while having a separate library folder that holds the Zend Framework classes that I would want to use (if Kohana doesn't already have them!).

I hope that helps.

Shadow Caster