Re: Which Frame work is best for php development?

Hi

I'm no veteran of these frameworks and have begun using them only recently
but here's my 50 cents worth.  I have all frameworks installed on local host
and I am evaluating them concurrently.  This little review is completely subjective for example
someone may rate the same frameworks as good/bad for the very reasons I don't.

Cake:
Documentation:           Good
Installation:                 Piece-a-cake
Deployment:                Easy
Tutorials:                     Very good, (beware, I think, in cake 1.3.0 the documentation is not available as a chm or pdf and there are a few deprecations in the blog tutorial, so use online source)
Learning curve:            9/10 [high score being easy, low score being hard]
OO Depth:                   Good
Overall:                        9/10

Zend:
Documentation:           Very good
Installation:                 Easy
Deployment:                Easy
Tutorials:                     More examples than tutorials per se
Learning curve:            7/10 [high score being easy - low score being hard]
OO Depth:                   Very good
Overall:                        8/10

Symfony:
Documentation:           Excellent
Installation:                 A little more complex, pear install is a good option, get the sandbox for playing around before you dive in
Deployment:                Easy, but a little more work as command line oriented, but this will be a bonus once the learning curve and commands are learnt, but a lot of configuration files eek
Tutorials:                     Very good, can learn the ropes with a few hours hacking
Learning curve:            6/10 [a high score being easy - a low score being hard]
OO Depth:                   Awesome
Overall:                        9/10

CodeIgnitor:
Documentation:           OK, the standard is good but the pdf is two pages a breast, side by side, so annoying when reading and learning
Installation:                 Straight forward
Deployment:                Easy
Tutorials:                     Fewer examples, but is so intuitive once you get going you probably won't stop
Learning curve:            10/10 [high score being not overly exerting, which is what you want ideally , but then again this is a trade off]
OO Depth:                   Not as feature rich as other frameworks, but this is the frameworks virtue
Overall:                        7/10

Have a look at these links though.

http://www.dustinweber.com/main-page/the-best-php-framework-is-symfony-really-it/
http://www.phpframeworks.com/top-10-php-frameworks/