RE: Need urgent help

It seems to me you have two logical solutions:

1)      Store the user's data (submitted from the form) in your database.
The data can retrieved using an id number passed from page to page in the
url.  You can delete the records after the e-mail has been sent.

2)      Put the user's data in an array, serialize the array using the
serialize() function and then store the data in a flat file.  After the
e-mail has been sent you can drop (delete) the file.  Again, you would pass
an id number from one page to the next using the url.

An alternative to passing an id number from page to page would be to use a
cookie to temporarily identify the user.  This is less reliable because some
users block cookies.  You could also use sessions to identify the user
rather than an id number, and could use a session entry to find where your
data is stored.

For security purposes, I like the flat file option personally.  I would have
an unknown and complex prefix for each file name.  For example if your id
number is 345678, you would have a secret code such as "yabba_yabba_hey_"
that would automatically be put at the start of each file name when the file
is saved and the file is retrieved.  This makes it necessary for users to
know both a valid id number and the secret prefix to look at anyone else's
data.  Using the database requires creating an abstraction layer to protect
the data, and that is too complex in this scenario.  If you have a high
volume of traffic, the database is faster and more efficient to use, and you
will have to add an abstraction layer to protect other user's data.

gentlemike2