Re: Dynamic Multi Level Drop Down Menu in PHP/MYSQL

You can simply use dreamweaver to accomplish this without even having to
write an line of code. You can connect to you database in dreamweaver and
create a record set and then insert a dynamic list menu reading it's data
from your record set done.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Sovichea SOU <svch_sou@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> $sql = "SELECT * FROM menu";
> $rows = mysql_query($sql, $con);
>
> if(mysql_num_rows($rows > 0)){
>
> while($record = mysql_fetch_array($rows)){
> $title = $record["title"];
> echo "<li>$title</li>";
>

> }
>

> }
>
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Joe Forsythe
> <jforsythe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>

> > What is the PHP code that you're using right now?
> > --
> > Joe
> >

> > On Jun 1, 2010, at 10:41 AM, Sovichea SOU wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Joe,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your fast reply.
> > >
> > > I can loop only like this:
> > >
> > > <ul>
> > > <li>Item1</li>
> > > <li>Item2</li>
> > > <li>Item2a</li>
> > > <li>Item2b</li>
> > > </ul>
> > >
> > > It should be look like this with nested list:
> > >
> > > <ul>
> > > <li>Item 1</li>
> > > <li>Item 2
> > > <ul>
> > > <li>Item 2a</li>
> > > <li>Item 2b</li>
> > > </ul>
> > > </li>
> > > </ul>
> > >
> > > This is database:
> > >
> > > id - title - link - parentid
> > > 1 - Item1 - http://www.yahoo.com - 0
> > > 2 - Item2 - http://www.google.com - 0
> > > 3 - Item2a - http://www.chhit.com - 2
> > > 4 - Item2b - http://www.gmail.com - 2
> > >
> > > Could you tell me how to write this kind of loop?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Vichea

"Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering.There is a
crack in everything, That's how the light gets in." ~Leonard Cohen