Right output in phpmyadmin

Can someone help please?

I use phpmyadmin and set the message field in the database with respect to id being that the id is in auto_increament:

message (text)(latin1_swedish_ci)

but, when when text is inputed into the database via the form it appeared as a straight line  in the database and again when view from the browser is also appeard starightline, this causes the whole page to expand, I expected the message input to break after it reach cols=40 and continue in a new line until it reach the rows=10 as defined in the html form.

Can someone help please?

Gab

<form action="mail.php" method="POST">
<input type="text" name="email" size=40>
<input type="text" name="subject" size=40>
<textarea cols=40 rows=10 name="message"></textarea>
</form>

<php?
$insert=mysql_query("INSERT INTO form (email,subjetc,message)VALUES('$email','$subject','$message'");
?>