Re: Enable remote access to MySQL database server on wampserver

Just use mysql 'GRANT' command for the database user to connect from 'any
host', not from 'localhost', like that,

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO myUser@localhost
               IDENTIFIED BY 'pass';
	mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO myUser@"%"
               IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass';

"%"  - is a wildcard in mysql. If you are defining your DB table and
in the 'host' field enter '%', that means that any host can access
that database (Of course, that host must also have a valid db user).

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Sovichea SOU <svch_sou@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Windows XP with wampserver installed.
> My local ip address is 192.168.5.62
>
> How can other computers access to MySQL database in my computer?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Vichea

Regards,

Saqib.