need help

i made query in sql server it takes .49 secs to excecute and returns 250 records.
but i call this query in php its most of the time fail or take tooo much time upto 10 mins.
I set the set_time_limit(0) and also memory limit to 512 MB but still my reports query have no effect,
is there any way to increase xamp buffer or speed up my xamp server
thanks in advance