SESSION checks for shoping cart

hello experts
i want help for session variable..
i am making a shoping cart with the help of sessions

i have two tables one is product and other is product_atributs
in product

id    name      dec            price
1     t-shirt   shirt          5
2     shirt     sutting shirt  6

and productAtibute table

id   proID    ColorID    SizeID   Quantity
1    1         1          1         5
2    1         2          1         5
3    1         1          2         5
4    1         2          2         5

and so on

when i am going to select an item for shoping cart like (proID=1 ,colorID=1,SizeID=1 and quanty=1)
this is the first entry for my cart
when i go to the next like
(proid=1.colorid=2,sizeid=1,quanty=1)
i want to add this to an other row.
and if i want to add another quantity in already added item then what check will be and how .. i am very thank full to you all plzzzzz help me ... i am very worried about it becoz i am new in sessions... help me plzlzzzzzz
thanks