view content of doc,excel,ppt,pdf files in browser & not depend on any pluging

Hello all,

This is my first message here so I am hoping to get good answer.

I want to view doc,excel,ppt,pdf files in doc using application. it will not depend on any browser plugins.Just like google doc. is there any way  in php to display file content in browser?

I have used some code for that but for display pdf file its necessary to install adobe plugin in browser. and also when i viewed doc file in browser using fileread function i got o/p in any symbol.

thank you in advance for all of the replies. :)

shubhada.