MVC Dependent Tools?

I too was in search for an MVC framework recently . Some of my friends suggested

symfony : http://www.symfony-project.org/ ,
zend : http://framework.zend.com ,
yii : ,
codeignitter : http://codeigniter.com ,
cakephp : http://cakephp.org/

I looked the comparisons and read lots of blogs .

What I feel is

Symfony :

The docs r very powerful that a newbie who doesn't know much about MVC an easily learn things . Every one complains its tough , but has a good collection of documentation . Heard its been maintained now by Yahoo . Delicious , dailymotion etc on it .

Zend :

Missing some cmd line features . In 1.8 onwards its having some what Rapid Application Development . Zend is the company behind PHP , so in the future will be powerful . Some one new to MVC seems tough to learn though they have written lot docs. Not having a good working example . Every one have  a blog which uses many features what a developer uses .  So easy to learn from that . But is missing it .

Has already integrated many libraries partnering with adobe, google , microsoft and many which is missing in symfony . But you can include all these in symfony by extending it.

CodeIgnitter : Many from symfony are moving to CI . Don't know why . Sajith MR have written a blog post with his experience .

http://www.sajithmr.com/symfony-vs-codeigniter/

These r experience to him. But to you it may be different .

Yii : A new powerful one . Which is flexible what many people are telling . I have not used it .

But I am sticking to Zend as it may be evolving in the future .

* All are my views . Its upto you to decide yours :)

Hari K T

http://harikt.com/