RE: URL ReWriting Problem

Dear Friends,
Thanks for all of your quick response. Actually i was putting the .htaccess folder on wrong place, my stupidity.. now it follow the rewrite rules of .htaccess.
but it says that page is not found after url rewriting. For Example.
Everything i put on root folder,
up ==> folder on root
i want to convert the following URL
http://localhost/up/products.html  TO
http://up.localhost.com/products.php
The rewrite rule i wrote is ..
RewriteRule ^(.+)\/(.*)\.html$ http://$1.localhost.com/$2.php [NC]

I converts the url to http://up.localhost.com/products.php
but it says page is not found. You see i also change the extension from html to php.
if i use the rewrite url without bringing the up folder in start it works fine, but when i bring it at the beginning it says, no page found.
Please suggest me any solutions or correct the above rewrite rule.
Once again thanks you guys for quick response.

Muhammad Sohail Khan
Software Engineer

Cell: +92 333 575 9991
Skype ID: sohail.marwat