PHP Mail

I have been getting blank emails that are sent
from within a form that I use with php.  The email gets sent out,
I get no error message.  The recipient gets the email
but there is message in the body of mail.  Is there a size
limit of what can be send in the message variable of the
mail() function.  I checked the length of the message and it
is only  1306 characters in length.  There has been messages
that I have sent out that are greater in length that 1306.

Like I said, there is no error message.  The email goes through
okay just that the recipient gets a blank message.

Any suggestions on this?