IMPORTANT NOTICE about GROUPLY.com --- I didn't join!

In message <gffg4v+jo7o@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ken <ken.poyser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes
>members who join the grouply website are
>having to
>give their member ID and password.

Not quite, you are *asked* for your Yahoo ID and password.

> This opens up a security issue

Of course - I wouldn't have thought that anyone would give a password
for site A to site B, but some people are obviously that stupid.

Grouply offers to bring all your groups mail to one place.  I have an
email account that does that. Guaranteed secure!

Grouply also says that they are doing nothing wrong
http://blog.grouply.com/protect/#rumor

I declined to give them my password, and cancelled my account with
grouply.

>--- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, amin mbsb <muhaimincs@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,

<snip>

>> amin

Amin, did you send this? Or did it come direct from grouply?

And if you sent it - why??

--
Pete Clark