how to use mysql stored procedure in php

Dear All,

i want to use mysql stored procedure in my program.but i did not know how to use it in php.for example in php we execute the
query like mysql_query("select * from table").then fetch the row like this $row =mysql_fetch_array($sql).
i need help in stored procedure,how can retrive the value and call the stored procedure in php.
if any body has any idea or tutorial or book please share with us.

thanks
humayoo