Re: Get Names of tables in mysql

In message <48BECB34.8000509@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, LuCiaNo - CeTre
<web@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Jean Carlo wrote:
>>
>> How can I get the field names from a specified MySQL table?
>>
>> I don't need the data, I just want to get the tables field names.
>
> SHOW TABLES;
>
> With this command you'll see the table names.

Yes, he asked for that in the Subject...
but asked for something different (Field names) in the body of the mail.

Just so that you have both,
SHOW COLUMNS FROM customertable
is what you want.

Check it in the manual, there are various options

--
Pete Clark

Sunny Andalucia
http://hotcosta.com/Andalucia.Spain