Re: Queries

Hi Experts,

I have found one solution for fourth question.

Question

I have products table with field's product id and product name.
I have 1000 records in products table. But 100 product names are wrong. For that, I am uploading new excel file and comparing excel product id and   products table product id.
If it matches, I am updating that product name.
For the above process, I am using for loop, Select query and Update query. For 1000 records for loop is working fine.
What about, if products table have 10Lacs records and 1Lac product names are wrong.
Is for loop working?
Answer

Without using loops concept,i found one solution. By using LOAD DATA INFILE.

1.I have product table  with fields  pid and pname.

2.I am uploading excel file by using browse option.

3.Now i am creating temporary table with fields tid  and  tname.

4.I am loading LOAD DATA INFILE into temporary table.

 LOAD DATA INFILE "./a.xls" INTO TABLE temporary

5.By using below command,i am updating wrong product names.

Update product p
LEFT JOIN Temporary t
where p.pid=t.tid and p.pname!=t.tname
set p.pname=t.tname

6.Finally droping temporary table.
drop table if exists temporary;

If you need to count of wrong ones,by using mysql_affected_rows() you will find the count.

Thanks,
Gangadhara Prasad