Re: Validate String and Remove

Yes of course...

Without trying it out, I think it should be something like

preg_replace('#<META HTTP-EQUIV=.+>#','',$variable);

That would replace any string in $variable that starts with:
<META HTTP-EQUIV= and have at least one char before the closing >

I would advise you to have a look at
http://php.net/manual/en/reference.pcre.pattern.syntax.php
and
http://php.net/manual/en/reference.pcre.pattern.modifiers.php