Re: php5 and global variables

Hi,

Why do you want to enable the Global variables? The reason why PHP has
turned this off, is to provide flexibility to programmers in using the
variable names. With this turned off, programmers can reuse the same
variable names by understanding the scope.

If you turn this on, you MAY accidentally overwrite the unintended
variable value. I suggest you to let it be turned off and work
accordingly.

The main problem with PHP is that, it lets you design very badly. I
believe this is why PHP programmers are not considered as "real
developers". When I see some PHP scripts by others, I feel surprised by
their variable naming and the prog. flow. No organised structure, no
variable naming conventions, no memory management, nothing. They write the
programs in a hurry. Any way, it depends on the experience and the
professionalism that is showed.

Tarun, sorry if I have said these words for your mail. Please consider
only first two paras for yourself.

Regards,
Manda Krishna Srikanth
http://www.krishnasrikanth.com

php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/25/2008 08:16:00 PM:

> hello Friends,
>
> How to set global variables " ON" in php 5 in .htaccess file.
>
> in php4 we could set it by using the following line.
>
> <IfModule mod_php4.c>
> php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
> php_value register_globals 1
> </IfModule>
>
> but what to do for php5 to use global variables, and updating htaccess.
>
> Please suggest me
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Tarun

and any attachments. Thank you