Re: php script to run window programs

Hi,

I assume that you want to invoke an application that is on client machine,
with a php script executed on the server... right?

If yes, then there are couple of issues.
1. php script executed on server cannot control the applications on
client. What server sends client is only HTML, nothing else. So you should
send links to appropriate locations of the applications as anchor tags.
2. Even though on same machine (localhost) client and server are
considered different, so use point no.1

If you want to execute windows programs on the server itself, then I think
there is no way to grab the output of the application and use it further
in PHP code.

Regards,
Manda Krishna Srikanth
http://www.krishnasrikanth.com

php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/22/2008 04:34:39 PM:

> I need some windows program to run by php script e.g. opening
> windows calculator, mspaint, notepad,it is not a simple file.it is
> exe file or any other file etc
> $command="C:\\mvtest-ng\\tests\\automation\\demo\\start.bat";
> $output=shell_exec($command." 2>&1"); //system call

and any attachments. Thank you