Error using Manuel's POP3 class

Hey I am using Manuel's pop3 class and I am getting the following error:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument
passed by value;  If you would like to pass it by reference, modify
the declaration of [runtime function name]().  If you would like to
enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set
allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file.  However,
future versions may not support this any longer.  in
myfolder/pop3_class.php on line 179

Any ideas what that means??