Re: Re: (AJAX) NON-PHP Problem/Question

In message <fkoiqn+a0h9@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Larry Helms <larr_helms@xxxxxxxxx>
writes
>--- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Hanson <hansonr@...> wrote:
>>
>> Why time.js and not time.asp in the function call? What is "time.js"?
>>

>I have tried it both ways.  The file NAME doesn't seem to matter... as the '<%'
>is the first
>line of the file.  If I put everything on ONE line... as follows:
>
><% response.expires=-1; response.write(time); %>
>
>THAT whole line is what is returned/placed into the Time: field.  For some
>reason... the
>webserver isn't interpreting the contents of the file as CODE... and executing
>it.  It's merely
>returning the contents of the file.
>
>I should note... that I stopped my web server, made modification to the php.ini
>file,
>mentioned above (e.g. changing asp_tags = Off to On), then restarting the web
>server.
>
>I still have the problem.

Is there are reason why you are using ASP?

You say that you have changed your php.ini - I am not sure why you would
do that, if your code is ASP, not PHP.

However, although it is possible to do it, you should not use <% to
start PHP code anyway, since your "live server" (as opposed to the test
server on your local machine) may not understand ASP tags, and you may
not be able to change it.  For PHP, you should always use <?php - which
should work on all servers.

Anyway - are you sure that you have ASP running on your computer?

And why are you asking in a PHP group about ASP code?  Wouldn't you be
better asking in an ASP group?

--
Pete Clark

Sunny Andalucia