Re: Re: Applying CSS to a disabled control

Hi,

Actually I want to change the class name of a control when a change to its disabled property is modified.

For example: if I issue document.getElementById('eleName').disabled = true; then an event has to fire and in that event I write the code which would change the className property of 'eleName'. This would be a centralized change.

Regards,
Zaid

caprecerevisi2005 <wolfear@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:                               I am only on my first cup of coffee for the morning so this may not be
 totally coherent.
 I assume each control has a unique identifier and you already have
 your conditional logic in place to decide which controls are active or
 not?
 If so, just make a "disabled" CSS class which contains your desired
 styling, then, on the page load, have the class identifier for that
 control changed.
 I'm just starting with Ajax myself so I might be way off base, but
 from what I have read so far, this should be a fairly simple procedure.

 Example:
 id="UniqueId" class="active"

 changed to this when the new page loads:
 id="UniqueId" class="disabled"

 Alternatively, if you need to hide it completely, add a display into
 the control's style:
 id="UniqueID class="active"
 id="UniqueID class="active" style="display:none;"

 Just a shot in the dark.
 --- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Shaikh Md. Zaid"
 <shaikh_zaid@...> wrote:

 > Hi Robert,
 >
 > Problem with this approach is our system is Ajax based and some
 controls appear after loading of the page. Then again you have to call
 a function. On selection of a drop down some controls are getting
 disabled and enabled so again that function needs to be invoked. I
 guess it is possible through overriding through prototyping of onclick
 method of textbox? What are your thoughts on this.