Difficulty in header function.

Hello friends!

There is a situatuion like this for me:

I am a PHP developer in a software company in India.

I have used header function to call a third-party remote url passing
it some query-string(e.g. http://xxx?abc=xyz&jkl=efg.)from a certain
php page and the response is automatically coming back(i.e. it's a
callback URL).

Once I got response from the URL I need to generate auto-response for
that.But the difficulty is that the page does not return back to
original php page once redirected by header function.

Can I call a remote URL with header function in a separate
thread(process) without let to know the user of that page and giving
him auto-response?

Could someone guide me in this situatuion?

Thank you!

With regards

Sandesh