RE: Question about XML

As far as I know (I am 99% sure) you don't need any software to view an xml
file. XML files are core files to make the computers able to communicate to
each other. When you view an xml page (rather than rss, rdf etc.) browser
have nothing to process, it just shows you the file, like a .txt file. The
ones that have designs or shown like a web page are made with xlst
formatting in the background, so you need extra work to maket he xml seen as
you like it to be.

1.       The advantage of using xml is you can read, write and update it in
any OS. You can change it with notepad or gedit. you don't need any xml
software unless you want to do something advance. or let me put it that way,
you can write HTML codes in notepad, gedit or you can use the extra
advantages of Dreamweaver, Bluefish or some other programs.

2.       The disadvantage of xml is as I said before, it is only a file. So
if you store valuable info in xml, it can be seen by others if they find a
way to reach the file. No password. Also, if you use xml file as a db
(because it is lightweight, and you dont need extra software) it is really
hard to query (at least for me) the xml file, you need to learn xquery or
something like that. say that you learn it you cannot have the same features
of mysql or other sql programs.

However, I think XML would be the only way to do things while doing on the
web or any other thing related to computers.

This is what I know and think, if there is anything wrong in it, please
correct it.