From: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Atkinson, Robert
Sent: 31 October 2007 09:27
To: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  HTML Query String Problem

I'm passing control to a popup window using a string like this :-

/do_something?display&copy_target&123abc

The problem is that '&copy' is being translated into the copywrite
symbol.
Anyone know the correct syntax to pass the string in, to stop this being
translated?

I've tried using JavaScript escape() to translate to %26 (or something
like
that), but it's not being translated back again.

Rob.

***********
Any opinions expressed in email are those of the individual and not
necessarily those of the company. This email and any files transmitted
with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended
recipient
or entity to whom they are addressed. It may contain material protected
by attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, or
a person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in error and that any use is
strictly prohibited.

Random House Group + 44 (0) 20 7840 8400
http://www.randomhouse.co.uk <http://www.randomhouse.co.uk>
http://www.booksattransworld.co.uk <http://www.booksattransworld.co.uk>

http://www.kidsatrandomhouse.co.uk <http://www.kidsatrandomhouse.co.uk>
Generic email address - enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:enquiries%40randomhouse.co.uk>

Name & Registered Office:
THE RANDOM HOUSE GROUP LIMITED
20 VAUXHALL BRIDGE ROAD
LONDON
SW1V 2SA
Random House Group Ltd is registered in the United Kingdom with company
No. 00954009, VAT number 102838980