to use a web service - any additional software to install?

Dear Friends,

I want to use a webservice class for example text2speech, that translates
our text into voice. I've downloaded this class from phpclasses.org.

When I call its file e.g., example.html, nothing happens (blank white page).

What do you think is the problem?

*Do I need to install any other Software?* Actually, its first time that I
want to use a webservice.

I'm using PHP 5.2.1, Apache 2.0.59.

Regards,

Imran