Re: on line update with php

Hi vahid,

You can do the online editing in two ways. 1) through file operations 2)
through ftp operations

1) - Open the file using fopen() and read permissions. e.g.
fopen($file_to_open, 'r');
- After opening, read the content into a variable
$content=fread($file_handler, filesize($file_to_open))
- Make an HTML form with a big text area box and put the content in that.
e.g.
<textarea name="MyContent" cols="40" rows="4"><?php echo  $content;
?></textarea>
- Post back the form to the same page and write the content to the file.
Open the file in write mode.
e.g. $fh=fopen($file_to_write, 'w'); fwrite($fh, $_POST['MyContent']);

You can echo necessary messages at each stage. Make sure your php scripts
can write to the harddisk. This is generally achieved by changing the
permissions.

2) I have not tried ftp operations as yet. But will keep you updated once
I do it. these will use ftp functions only. Start from
http://in.php.net/manual/en/function.ftp-connect.php

Regards
Manda Krishna Srikanth
http://www.krishnasrikanth.com

php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 10/23/2007 11:16:10 AM:

> hi all .
>
> can i update php file onlinely . with out useing database .
> i mean a text in a page updates by admin with out useing database .
>
> thanx
and any attachments. Thank you