Any Calendar tutorial

Hi,
I am not sure this is the right forum for this.
I need to create an advanced calendar which will hold details like birthdays, events, both one day and recurring. I am stuck,
I need a tutorial for creating the calendar,
In case you have or know of one pl. mail the link or so to me.
Thanks,
--
Regards,
Abhishek jain