Re: I need a universal connection

Hi Anees,

1) For this, in your package, you need to package all kinds of libraries,
mysql, mssql, odbc, etc..
2) While installing, you can ask for the type of database the user wishes
to have and write it into some config file.
3)While running your script (after installation is finished), based on the
config file value, include only that db library.

Just wanted to tell you that, for sql server, using stored procedures is
an efficient way, instead of querying with big sql statements. MySQL can
bare the sqlquery transport, but SQL server itself is very heavy loaded,
and causes problems. So use stored procedures for your mssql
installations.

Bye,
Manda Krishna Srikanth
http://www.krishnasrikanth.com
http://www.ksjournal.info

php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 08/08/2007 11:37:39 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in developing a web application to which I can
> attach any of db like mysql,access,sql server,oracle ... as it is
> there in most of projects where during the installation we select
> any of optional db.
>

> how to write such a code which can work with all of databases.

and any attachments. Thank you