Re: Syntax Question

it's used to ignore the error message of php. like if we add a session but we have add in the banner page or included page on top... then it will appear an error message... to prevent the page show the error and make it run the command... we use @.

Larry Helms <larr_helms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been programming in PHP now for a little over a year... and loving it.  I didn't really
understand OO programming that well (and it's still a little mystifying to me) until I got a
hold of some PHP OO code.

That aside... I've recently run into some code with LOTS of '@' in it.
e.g.

@somefunction();
OR
@require_once (INCLUDE_PATH."config.php");

My question is... WHAT does the '@' mean and what affect does it have on processing?

Thanks in Advance,
Larr.

PHP Data object relational mapping generator
http://www.metastorage.net/
Yahoo! Groups Links

Visit My Site :

And Visit Clef's Site to :